Never stenciled before? You can do this! Use wallpaper stencils on one wall, four walls or a section of the wall above a dining room chair rail. It's fun and easy! Wallpaper and floor stencils are easy-to-use "all over" designs used to recreate the look of fine wallpaper. They can be used with any paint indoors or outdoors on walls, floors and ceilings.
No matter what your experience level, the job will be much easier. Start by practicing your stenciling technique on a practice board, a section of sheet rock or a piece of wood. It is very important to get the feel for how much paint to put on your roller, sponge or rag.• Choose an applicator. You can use a natural sea sponge, cotton rags, or a 2" or 4" foam roller. (Be sure to select a high-density roller which absorbs less paint for better control.)
• Spray the back of your stencil with repositionable stencil spray adhesive before your practice session.
• Wipe off almost all of the excess paint off your applicator before starting. You will have to push a little harder on the roller, sponge or rag, but you will have
greater control over how much paint goes on the wall.
• Once you have practiced a few sections of the stencil and are comfortable with your results, you should be ready to begin on your wall, floor or ceiling.
If you are doing a whole wall, start at the top center of your wall.
• Carpenter's level
• 2" or 4" foam roller with roller pan
• Natural sea sponge, or Cotton rags
• Paper towels
• Repositionable Spray Adhesive
• Flat paint (colors of your choice)
• SWP0005 Small Harlequin Wall and Floor Stencil
• SWP0040 Elephant Wall and Floor Stencil